Long Winter is looking for a couple talented Character TD’s for a few current and upcoming projects.
Our ideal Character TD / Rigger candidate will be able to create flexible and expressive character rigs, have a solid understanding of modeling, skin weighting, and the principles of animation, and work well with a team of different talents in order to fulfill the needs of each individual project. The Character TD, as part of the Long Winter crew, will also assist in tools development and pipeline development. He or she may be assigned to a single or multiple projects at one time with various needs, complexity, and formats. This position combines technical artistry with strong technical skills.
Here are the requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years CG industry experience including extensive experience in Maya
- Experience with modeling, rigging, and skin weighting
- Develop custom tools, scripts, etc to enhance and optimize the workflow of animators, to serve the particular design goals for each project and streamline the character creation and implementation through the entire pipeline
- Solid understanding of the anatomy and movement of humans, quadrupeds, and birds with a deep understanding of facial anatomy
- Programming experience in Python is recommended and experience with PyMel and PyQt a plus
- Experience in Unity a plus
- Experience in Hair/Cloth simulation and VFX a plus
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines
- Experience working in a collaborative environment and taking direction
- Must take initiative in handling assigned duties and additional tasks which will aid the function of the organization
- Must be flexible. Long Winter handles a large number of projects and the task involved may range outside of rigging
- Must be willing to work remotely as a freelancer. Communication via email and video calls must be clear and timely
If you think we’re talking about you, send us an email!
Andrew Conroy – Founder, Director